Duterte OKs release of additional P1.5B to typhoon-hit LGUs
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte has approved the release of an additional P1.5 billion to concerned local government units (LGUs) to augment their rehabilitation and recovery efforts following the recent onslaught of Typhoon Ulysses, Malacañang said Tuesday.
According to Duterte’s spokesman Harry Roque, the President approved the release of the additional funds during a meeting with select Cabinet officials in Malacañang on Monday night.
“Bukod pa po ito sa standy P500 million sa bawat isa para macover ang incremental augmentation ng calamity funds ng LGU na naapektuhan ng mga bagyong Quinta, Rolly at Ulysses,” Roque said in a televised Palace press briefing.
This is the second set of funds the national government released to typhoon-hit LGUs.
The previously released P1.5 billion was given to LGUs in Calabarzon, Mimaropa, and Bicol region. The second wave will be allotted to affected LGUs in Central Luzon, Cagayan Valley, Ilocos Region, and Metro Manila.
“Taliwas sa sinasabi ng mga kritiko, sa panahon ng kalamidad at sakuna, walang pinipili at hindi namumulitika ang administrasyong Duterte. Maliwanag pa sa sikat ng araw, lahat ay pantay-pantay. Lahat ay mabibigyan, kaalyado man o hindi; bumoto man o hindi,” Roque said.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.