‘EJK survivor’ fatally shot in hospital not on drug watchlist — Rizal police
MANILA, Philippines — Vincent Adia, who was fatally shot twice at the hospital in Angono, Rizal, was not included in the Rizal police’s drug watchlist, the provincial police chief said Tuesday.
“Wala po sa watchlist. Ongoing pa po ang investigation,” Rizal provincial police director Colonel Joseph Arguelles said in a text message to INQUIRER.net in clarifications to speculations that Adia was on the watchlist.
(Adia is not on the watchlist. The probe is ongoing.)
Arguelles added that they have yet to determine the persons of interest and the identity of the perpetrators behind Adia’s slay.
On Nov. 4, police said Adia survived an attack when he played dead. He was shot thrice in the face. Authorities then discovered Adia and transported the victim to the nearest hospital.
Angono police chief Major Richard Corpuz previously said in a television interview that his men guarding Adia left the hospital because they needed to visit the victim’s family.
Ten minutes after the policemen left Adia, an unidentified assailant fatally shot the victim twice.
Rizal police are currently investigating Angono police to determine alleged lapses in securing the victim at the hospital. [ac]
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.