Over P20-M worth of illegal drugs seized in Taguig raid | Inquirer News
Close  

Over P20-M worth of illegal drugs seized in Taguig raid

/ 07:59 PM November 05, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — Police operatives have confiscated more than P20 million worth of illegal drugs and arrested 12 suspects, among them two minors, during a raid in a suspected narcotics den in Taguig City.

A report from the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) on Thursday said the anti-drug operation was conducted on Wednesday afternoon Barangay Ususan and centered on a residence allegedly owned by a certain Patrick Tiñga. Authorities reportedly found illegal substances such as shabu and marijuana being repacked inside the house.

ADVERTISEMENT

Aside from Tiñga, police also arrested Tom Jovy Cruz, 30; Elmer Bautista, 34; Wenston Ray Lopez, 20; Jessie Aviles, 24; Jomari Lopez, 19; Chris Klein Lopena, 19; Adrian Dela Cruz, 22; John Paul Esteban, 26; John Christian Roxas, 34; and two minors aged 17 years old. All were said to be residents of Barangay Ususan.

Likewise, the NCRPO said operatives seized from Tiñga’s house at least three kilograms of shabu and 41 grams of marijuana — worth P20.4 million and P50,040, respectively, as well as other pieces of evidence like three pieces of digital weighing scale, two cellular cellphones, and the buy-bust money amounting to P8,000, among others.

FEATURED STORIES

Over P20-M worth of illegal drugs seized in Taguig raid

Photo from NCRPO

According to the Taguig City Police Station’s Drug Enforcement Unit, the drug sting was launched as a follow-up operation to the arrest of a suspected drug pusher in May, where nine kilograms of shabu were confiscated.

NCRPO said it obtained a “blue book” where information about the alleged drug den’s supposed clients is written.

“In an interview, Tiñga was able to confirm the source of illegal drugs. He named the source who facilitates the drugs as Loloy Fernandez, a detainee in BJMP who was previously arrested with the same violation,” NCRPO said in a statement.

NCRPO chief Maj. Gen Debold Sinas congratulated the Taguig City Police for their successful operation.

“I commend Taguig City Police Station for a job well done. Team NCRPO has been fighting against all forms of criminality and illegal drug activities for quite some time and this accomplishment of Taguig City Police Station will be a huge addition in our long list of successful buy-bust operations,” Sinas said in the same statement.

The suspects are now detained at the Taguig City Police Station Custodial Facility, as cases for violating provisions of the Republic Act No. 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drug Acts of 2002 are being prepared against them.

The two minors, on the other hand, were turned-over to Taguig’s City Social Welfare Development.

KGA

Subscribe to our daily newsletter


Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: anti-drug operations, Barangay Ususan, buy bust operation, Debold Sinas, Drug war, Illegal drugs, national Capital Region Police Office, NCRPO, P20 million drugs, Philippine news updates, Taguig City, Taguig City police, War Against Illegal Drugs
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.