Villar still richest senator with P3.8B net worth; De Lima poorest
MANILA, Philippines — Senator Cynthia Villar remains the richest member of the Senate while Senator Leila de Lima is the poorest, their latest statement of assets, liabilities and net worth (SALN) showed.
According to a summary of SALNs released through the Senate website, Villar’s posted net worth amounted to over P3.8 billion as of December 2019.
This is an increase of over P279.6 million as compared to her declared wealth of more than P3.5 billion in June 2019.
Joining her at the top of the list is boxing champ-turned-politician Senator Manny Pacquiao, who is the second richest senator with a net worth of P3,172,524,957.
The third richest member of the chamber is Senate President Pro Tempore Ralph Recto with a declared net worth of P567.4 million. He is followed by Senate Majority Leader Juan Miguel Zubiri with a net worth of over P203.6 million.
Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. came next with a posted net worth of P176,363,262.
Meanwhile, De Lima and fellow opposition lawmaker, Senator Risa Hontiveros are the two poorest members of the Senate based on their latest SALN with a posted net worth of P8.32 million and P16.05 million, respectively.
Below is the complete ranking of the senators based on their declared net worth as of December 31, 2019:
- Sen. Cynthia Villar – P3,814,091,438
- Sen. Manny Pacquiao – P3,172,524,957
- Senate President Pro Tempore Ralph Recto- P567,438,429
- Senate Majority Leader Juan Miguel Zubiri – P203,667,746
- Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. – P176,363,262
- Sen. Sonny Angara – P142,212,659
- Senate Minority Leader Franklin Drilon: 102,259,501
- Sen. Grace Poe – P97,631,508
- Sen. Sherwin Gatchalian – P95,404,344
- Sen. Pia Cayetano – P82,774,150
- Senate President Vicente Sotto – P77,772,861
- Sen. Richard Gordon – P71,207,733
- Sen. Lito Lapid – P70,948,600
- Sen. Francis Tolentino – P61,172,000
- Sen. Nancy Binay – P60,318,928
- Sen. Panfilo Lacson – P48,959,138
- Sen. Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III – P36,308,400
- Sen. Imee Marcos – P34,020,467
- Senate Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa – P33,025,241
- Sen. Joel Villanueva – P30,249,305
- Sen. Francis Pangilinan – P19,975,821
- Sen. Christopher “Bong” Go – P18,391,012
- Sen. Risa Hontiveros – P16,050,112
- Sen. Leila de Lima – P8,323,470
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.