Popular liver spread included in FDA list of unregistered food products, supplements
MANILA, Philippines — The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned the public on several food products and supplements, including a popular liver spread brand, that were not registered with the agency.
In a series of posts on its Facebook page on Wednesday, FDA said that the products it named have not secured any Certificate of Product Registration (CPR) from the agency, as required by Republic Act No. 9711 or the Food and Drug Administration Act of 2009.
Thus, the FDA noted that they cannot assure whether the products are safe for human consumption.
“The FDA verified through online monitoring or post-marketing surveillance that the abovementioned food products and food supplements are not registered and no corresponding [CPR] have been issued […],” FDA said in six documents, five of which were issued last August 26, all signed by Director General Rolando Domingo.
“Since these unregistered food products and food supplements have not gone through the evaluation process of the FDA, the agency cannot assure its quality and safety,” it added.
The products that supposedly do not have any CPR, according to FDA, are the following:
• Reno Brand Liver Spread
• Miracle White Advance Whitening Capsules
• Turcumin 100% Natural and Standardized Curcumin
• Desa Spanish Style Bangus in Corn Oil
• Samantha’s Dips and Sauce Spanish Sardines Paste Sauce
• KM Foods Tuna Chorizo (225g)
• KM Foods Tuna Bola-Bola (250g)
• KM Foods Tuna Shanghai Rolls
• Memer Food Dealer Hot and Spicy Pure Sukang Tuba (375mL)
• Pure Organic by 3 Brothers Roasted Brown Rice Tea (100g)
• Tsaa Laya Pure Cacao Canister
• Tsaa Laya Cacao Mint Canister
• Tsaa Laya Coco Melange Canister
• Tsaa Laya Cacao Mango Canister
• Tsaa Laya Tropical Summer Canister
• Memer Food Dealer Special Durian Preserved (12oz)
• Special Wana’s Crab Paste, Taba ng Talangka
• Baguio Special Strawberry Jam
• The Original Romulo’s Thinest and Crunchiest Chips, Garlic Chips
• KM Foods Tuna Longganisa, Garlic
• Swanson Fruit and Vegetable Blend, Essential Nutrition
• Swanson Resveratrol, Cardiovascular Health
• Swanson Uric Acid Cleanse, Kidney Support
• Swanson Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Brain and Nervous System
• Swanson Turmeric and Black Pepper, Cardiovascular and Joint Health
• Overseas Cold Tablet 6’s
• Fritillariae Expectorant Capsules 10’s
• Dapo-Xetine V9 Capsules 10’s
• Lu-Shen-Wan Pills 10’s
• Imperial Male Tonic Capsules 20’s
FDA ordered the manufacturers of the following items and retailers to immediately cease selling these products.
“All concerned establishments are warned not to distribute, advertise, or sell the said violative food products until CPR is issued, otherwise, regulatory actions and sanctions shall be strictly pursued,” FDA warned. “Always check if a product has been registered with the FDA before purchasing it by making sure of the embedded Search feature of the FDA website accessible at www.fda.gov.ph.”
“All law enforcement agencies (LEAs) and local government units (LGUs) are requested to ensure that these products are not sold or made available in the market or areas of jurisdiction. The Bureau of Customs is urged to restrain the entry of the unregistered imported products,” it added. [ac]
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.