BREAKING: 4,040 new cases bring PH’s COVID count past quarter million mark
MANILA, Philippines — The 4,040 newly-reported COVID-19 cases on Friday brought the total number of cases in the country past the 250,000 mark, the latest bulletin by the Department of Health (DOH) said.
According to the DOH data, 62,250 of the 252,964 cases are currently considered active. Recoveries meanwhile surged to 186,606, with 566 recoveries reported on Friday, but the number of deaths are now at 4,108 with 42 patients succumbing to the disease.
At least 88.8 percent of the active cases have mild symptoms, while 8.4 percent are asymptomatic; 1.1 percent are in severe condition, and 1.7 percent are critical.
Of the 4,040 new cases reported, 1,813 of the additional cases came from the National Capital Region, followed by 435 from Cavite, 218 from Rizal, 195 from Bulacan, and 171 from Laguna.
These five areas were previously placed under a modified enhanced community quarantine last August 4 to 17.
Most of the newly-reported cases came from the months of August (1,207) and September (2,754), although there were still additional cases from the months of March (5), April (2), May (6), and June (8).
Most of the deaths reported also came from August and September, but there are also casualties from April (3), June (1), and July (2) that were reported only now.
DOH says that they also removed 23 cases from the total count after verification and removal of duplicate entries.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.