CIDG Bulacan resumes operations after staff, detainees cleared of COVID-19
CITY OF MALOLOS –– The office of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) here has resumed its operations after its six personnel and 14 detainees recovered from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Major Rito Sebuala, CIDG Bulacan chief, announced this on Wednesday as he assured the public that the office remained safe from infection.
As proof of their recovery, Sebuala said three of his men donated plasma blood to Jose B. Lingad Memorial Hospital in Pampanga immediately after they were cleared by the Bulacan Public Health Office on Aug. 3
Sebuala himself and other five CIDG Bulacan personnel, along with their detainees, tested positive for COVID-19 on July 14. Their confirmatory and repeat tests yielded negative results on July 28.
Col. Amante Daro, Central Luzon chief of CIDG, said Sebuala and his men underwent debriefing sessions at the Philippine National Police’s Regional Health Services to help them overcome the stigma of being infected with COVID-19.
Caption: Some personnel of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group in Bulacan are swabbed for COVID-19 as part of the confirmatory tests after they tested positive for the virus last month. The test results came out negative recently. (Contributed)
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.