SC dismisses quo warranto case vs. ABS-CBN
MANILA, Philippines — The Supreme Court (SC) has dismissed on the ground of mootness the quo warranto case filed against ABS-CBN, SC Public Information Chief Atty. Brian Keith Hosaka said Tuesday.
“I was able to confirm with Chief Justice [Diosdado] Peralta that the Supreme Court dismissed today during their en banc meeting the quo warranto petition filed by the Solicitor General against ABS-CBN Corporation on the ground of mootness,” Hosaka said.
Calida, in his petition, wants ABS CBN to stop its operation citing several violations of its franchise.
The case is already considered moot because the television giant’s franchise has expired last month.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.