Tagbilaran execs study raps vs nurse who broke quarantine to party
TAGBILARAN CITY — The city government is studying whether to sue a nurse who broke quarantine and escaped from the hospital to party.
The nurse, who went to a birthday party, eventually tested positive for SARS Cov2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, according to Mayor John Geenell Yap II.
“There was a report that the nurse violated the protocol by going out of the hospital before the test result came out,” the mayor said.
“Our legal department is studying what charges will be filed against the nurse,” he added.
Yap did not mention the place where the nurse attended a party.
Bohol Gov. Arthur Yap announced on Sunday (June 14) that four Boholanos who had been stranded and returned to the province had tested positive for coronavirus.
Yap said two of them were from Tagbilaran City, one from the town of Sagbayan and another from the town of Candijay.
The stranded Boholanos arrived from coronavirus hot spot Metro Manila last June 4 aboard one of mercy flights for stranded individuals. Those from Candijay and Sagbayan towns arrived from another COVID-19 hot spot, Cebu City.
Yap said the returning residents were already sent on quarantine in facilities in their hometowns.
The governor urged Boholanos to practice physical distancing and to wear face masks to prevent the spread of the virus.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.