4 new patients contract COVID-19 from 1st 2 carriers in Quezon town | Inquirer News

4 new patients contract COVID-19 from 1st 2 carriers in Quezon town

By: - Correspondent / @dtmallarijrINQ
/ 11:55 AM June 09, 2020

LUCENA CITY –– The Municipal Inter-Agency Task Force (MIATF) in Catanauan town in Quezon province disclosed that the four new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were transmitted by the first two virus carriers in the locality.

The MIATF announced on Monday night through the Facebook page of the local government of Catanauan that “Case 3,” an 8-year-old boy, and “Case 4,” a 7-year-old girl, had exposure to “Case 1,” a 44-year-old woman (not 45 as earlier reported).

ADVERTISEMENT

They are all residents of Barangay Dahican, but the MIATF did not clarify the relationship between the three.

It said that “Case 5,” a 35-year-old male resident of Barangay 10 (población or town proper) also had exposure to “Case 1” and “Case 2,” a 46-year-old male from Manila.

FEATURED STORIES

The town located in the Bondoc Peninsula district got its first two cases – wife (“Case 1”) and husband (“Case 2”) – only last week.

The MIATF said “Case 6,” a 57-year-old woman village worker in Dahican, has also been infected from her exposure to “Case 1.”

Catanauan logged a total of six validated COVID-19 cases, a spike from its Monday morning record of only two.

The four new COVID-19 patients were temporarily placed at the community isolation facility but to be transferred to a medical facility in Lucena City.

The MIATF placed Barangay Dahican, particularly Zone 3 and 4 (Sitio Pilapil) under “lockdown” until June 20.

People, who are not residents of the village, are barred from entering, while residents could not leave without a government permit.

The authorities also ordered the continued enforcement of quarantine pass restrictions and temporarily barred residents, who are outside the town, from returning home.

ADVERTISEMENT

The trips of vans transporting passengers from Lucena City and Gumaca town have also been suspended.

Drinking liquor in private and public places was likewise prohibited during the lockdown period.

On June 2, Case 1 tested positive of SARS CoV2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. The woman has since been confined at the Quezon Medical Center in Lucena City.
The patient had not traveled to infected places but had contact with “Case 2.”

On June 5, “Case 2” was also tested positive. He is confined in a medical facility in Manila.

LZB

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Catanauan, coronavirus disease, COVID-19, Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF), MIATF, Philippine news updates, Quezon Province, Regions
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.