Olongapo 1 case away from being coronavirus-free
SAN ANTONIO, ZAMBALES — Olongapo City has only one remaining case of COVID-19 with the recovery of one more patient on Thursday (May 21), local officials said.
Mayor Rolen Paulino Jr. said the latest to beat the disease is a young woman who gave birth in James L. Gordon Memorial Hospital last April 26.
The city has recorded 12 COVID-19 cases at the onset of the pandemic. Eleven of these had already recovered, including the young mother.
The city has also reported 57 suspected COVID-19 patients to date, 54 of whom are waiting for results of tests.
Edited by TSB
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.