Quezon’s COVID-19 recovery tally rises to 43
LUCENA CITY—Quezon province’s COVID-19 tally saw three more recoveries, bringing the total number of recuperated patients to 43, the province’s health authorities said on Monday (May 11).
In a 5 p.m. report, the Quezon public information office (QPIO) said two of the recovered patients were from Tayabas City and one was from this city.
In an earlier report released around 8 a.m., the QPIO, citing data from the Integrated Provincial Health Office, said at least 40 patients had already recovered.
At least seven recoveries were reported in Tayabas City, prompting the mayor, Ernida Reynoso, to declare on the local government’s Facebook page that the city is now coronavirus-free.
Tayabas had eight COVID-19 cases with one fatality.
Lucena City, the provincial capital, listed at least 20 recoveries out of 29 cases.
The province’s tally is now 73 but officials deducted 43 recoveries and seven fatalities from the number.
The patients who are still sick are confined in undisclosed hospitals in the province.
As of Monday, Quezon has also listed a total of 1,457 suspected COVID-19 cases. At least 40 of them had died without knowing whether they were positive for SARS-Cov2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
A total of 1,099 of the suspected carriers had already been discharged from hospitals or completed home quarantine.
At least 128 suspected carriers are still in hospitals and 190 are on home quarantine.
The province has three probable cases—one in a hospital and two had completed home quarantine.
Edited by TSB
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.