outbrain
Close  

Another Cebu City village faces lockdown due to new confirmed COVID-19 case

/ 03:57 PM April 14, 2020

CEBU CITY –– Another densely populated village here may be placed on lockdown after a resident was confirmed to have the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

City Mayor Edgardo Labella said on Tuesday that one of the six new cases in the city is from A. Lopez Street in Barangay Labangon.

ADVERTISEMENT

“We are looking into (the possibility) of putting Labangon on lockdown,” said Labella.

The five other cases were from Sitio Zapatera, Barangay Luz, which had been on 14-day lockdown since April 12, after three residents tested positive of COVID-19.

FEATURED STORIES

Labella has ordered health officers to bring all the COVID-19 patients from their respective villages to the Cebu City Medical Center (CCMC) for quarantine.

Labella said all new cases were asymptomatic.

“I already directed the City Health Office and the task group to inform CCMC that all these additional six patients will be brought to our isolation chambers in CCMC,” said Labella.

On Tuesday, the Cebu City Health Department conducted mass testing in Luz and Labangon, two of the densely populated villages in the city. The results came in today, April 14.

Labella said Zapatera would continue to be on lockdown to avoid the spread of COVID-19.

Edited by LZB

ADVERTISEMENT

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .

Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Cebu City, Coronavirus, coronavirus disease, COVID-19, lockdown, Philippine news updates, Regions
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.