COVID-19 cases in QC soar to 583
MANILA, Philippines — The Quezon City government reported on Tuesday morning 83 new cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), bringing the total infection in the city to 583.
The total number of COVID-19 cases with complete addresses in Quezon City is now at 557. Meanwhile, the total number of confirmed cases validated by the QC Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit and District Health Offices is at 469.
The Quezon City government said the sudden rise in confirmed cases is due to the database access given by the Department of Health (DOH) to the City Health Department.
“The City Health Department clarifies that the raw data from the DOH is subject to the validation of the Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit, health center staff, and barangay officials to ensure that these patients are actual residents of Quezon City. Corrections will be made as the city verifies these cases,” it said.
The death toll of the city remains at 34 as of Monday evening while 15 patients have so far recovered.
A total of 29 barangays have also been placed under Extreme Enhanced Community Quarantine (EECQ).
An EECQ is imposed in barangays with two or more confirmed cases located in different streets and/or in congested urban poor areas where fast transmission of the disease is highly possible.
As of Monday, 533 locations in all 142 barangays were disinfected as part of the continuous simultaneous decontamination operations.
All in all, the country has 3,660 confirmed COVID-19 cases, 163 of whom have died while 73 recovered.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.