Bongbong ‘slowly getting better’ after contracting COVID-19
MANILA, Philippines — After putting to rest speculations about his health after contracting the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos on Wednesday said on Twitter that he is “slowly getting better.”
Marcos made his remark as Foreign Secretary Teodoro “Teddyboy” Locsin Jr. commented on the former’s post about COVID-19
Sorry to hear about your illness. Pray for you. You're a strong guy; you'll make it.
— Teddy Locsin Jr. (@teddyboylocsin) April 1, 2020
Locsin expressed his well wishes for Marcos’ speedy recovery. “Sorry to hear about your illness. Pray for you. You’re a strong guy; you’ll make it,” the top diplomat said.
Marcos acknowledged Locsin’s greeting and gave an update about his health.
Thanks Sec! The test was over a week ago but the results just came out. In the meantime, I've been slowly getting better. Not long now we'll open a fine bottle of wine. Stay safe please!
— Bongbong Marcos (@bongbongmarcos) April 1, 2020
“Thanks Sec! The test was over a week ago but the results just came out,” Marcos replied. “In the meantime, I’ve been slowly getting better. Not long now we’ll open a fine bottle of wine. Stay safe please!”
The former senator’s spokesperson. Atty. Vic Rodriguez, previously announced that Marcos was positive for the viral disease.
Before this, his sister, Senator Imee Marcos, bared that he felt “unwell” from his trip in Spain, which prompted him to get tested for COVID-19.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.