70-year-old doctor is Bataan’s 7th COVID-19 patient
BALANGA CITY, Bataan, Philippines — A 70-year-old lady doctor became the latest confirmed case of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Bataan province, local officials said.
Gov. Albert Garcia on Saturday said the doctor is the province’s seventh COVID-19 case. She was reportedly infected with the virus when visiting someone in Metro Manila.
The doctor showed symptoms of COVID-19 on March 15 and immediately underwent quarantine in a hospital here.
Garcia said two of the seven COVID-19 cases had already recovered.
“They [patients who recovered] were transferred to a quarantine facility designated by the Department of Health to complete the 14-day period before they undergo final testing,” Garcia said in a statement.
As of March 28, Bataan has 9,042 persons under monitoring or PUM and 722 patients under investigation or PUI.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.