Tarlac records first two COVID-19 cases
TARLAC CITY — The province of Tarlac on Thursday recorded its first two confirmed cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Gov. Susan Yap said.
The first patient is a 75-year-old woman from Barangay Patalan in Paniqui town while the second patient is a 39-year-old man from Barangay Pinasling in Gerona town.
Yap said the tests results were released by the Research Institue for Tropical Medicine (RITM).
The governor said a province-wide lockdown will be imposed starting 12:01 a.m. on Sunday, March 29, to contain the spread of the virus.
Records from the Department of Health showed that the province so far has 39 severe cases of patients under investigation or PUI who are admitted to different hospitals.
Nine PUI deaths were also recorded in the province, with only one of these had been tested negative for COVID-19. Test results for the other PUI deaths have yet to be released by the RITM.
The province also has 17,040 persons under monitoring or PUM who are all on home quarantine.
Yap said they are still waiting for 25 test results from the RITM.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.