Cotabato City resident sent home to self-isolate after testing positive for COVID-19
COTABATO CITY—A 68- year-old woman who had travelled to the National Capital Region (NCR) has tested positive for COVID-19 here, bringing to three the total number of confirmed cases in the region.
Dr. Helen Yambao, chief of the Cotabato Regional Medical Center (CRMC), however, said the woman who had been on home quarantine was the only remaining COVID-19 case in the region as one of the COVID-19 patients had recovered while the other one was already dead.
The patient who had recovered had been admitted to the CRMC after testing positive last March 17. He has been discharged over the weekend after recovering fully.
The other patient, the fatality, was an 87-year-old man who died of acute respiratory failure and community-acquired pneumonia last March 14 in Tacurong City.
Arjohn Gangoso, DOH regional health education and promotion officer and spokesperson, said new case, a 68-year old woman, was from Cotabato City and was in stable condition.
Gangoso said the patient arrived in Cotabato City from Manila last March 12 and was admitted to the hospital as a person under investigation, or those with symptoms, for cough and slight fever.
Asked why the woman was sent home to self-isolate when she had been tested positive, Gangoso said the patient’s condition has been improving and did not need intensive care.
The Sockssargen region, composed of South Cotabato, Cotabato City, Sultan Kudarat, Sarangani and General Santos City has at least 96 PUI and 3,614 persons under monitoring, or those with no symptoms.
Edited by TSB
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.