Remulla: Cavite posts 4 new COVID-19 cases
MANILA, Philippines — Cavite Governor Jonvic Remulla on Monday reported four new cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in his province.
The new cases bring Cavite province’s total coronavirus infections to 14.
In a Facebook post, Remulla said the four new cases came from Naic, Tanza, and Indang.
Covid Update1: 4 new confirmed Positive Covid PatientsA. 62 years old/ male/ NaicB. 71 years old/ male / NaicC. 30…
Remulla added that the Provincial Health Office is currently validating a suspected COVID-19 infection in Cavite City.
“Alam ko po na napakahirap ng crisis na dala ng Covid. Kapag sumunod tayo lahat sa patakaran ay mas mabilis natin malalagpasan Ito,” Remulla said.
(I know that the crisis brought by COVID-19 is so difficult. If we follow all the rules, we will be able to surpass this quickly.)
So far, the Philippines recorded 462 people infected with COVID-19, of which 33 have died while 18 have recovered.
It is still unclear whether the new cases in Cavite were already included the Department of Health’s COVID-19 update as of 4 p.m. Monday.
The novel coronavirus or SAR-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19, was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei province in China. The highly-contagious respiratory illness has infected more than 341,330 people worldwide and killed more than 14,745 to date across 186 countries and territories.
The World Health Organization has declared COVID-19 a pandemic.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.