Cavite confirms 2nd COVID-19 case
MANILA, Philippines — Cavite Governor Jonvic Remulla on Sunday announced his province’s second case of the 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Remulla said the patient is a medical practitioner who was infected through community transmission.
“We have just received a confirmed 2nd positive case of COVID-19 in the province of Cavite,” Remulla said in a Facebook post.
The patient is currently admitted to a private hospital in Silang, Cavite.
Remulla urged his constituents to stay at home as the possibility of community transmission is “very high.”
“COVID-19 is here in Cavite. The possibilities of community transmission (are) very high. Please stay at home as much as possible,” he said.
The Philippines has so far recorded 111 COVID-19 cases, of which eight have already died.
The Philippines is currently under a state of public health emergency due to the virus, which originated from Hubei province, China.
President Rodrigo Duterte has placed Metro Manila under community quarantine amid the spike in COVID-19 cases in the capital region.
The World Health Organization declared the disease as a global pandemic after it killed nearly 5,000 people and infected 110,000 others worldwide.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.