outbrain
Close  

172 Chinese tourists arrive in Bohol

By: - Correspondent / @leoudtohanINQ
/ 04:02 PM January 24, 2020

At least 172 Chinese tourists arrived at the Bohol-Panglao International Airport on Friday morning, January 24. Leo Udtohan/Inquirer Visayas

PANGLAO ISLAND –– At least 172 Chinese tourists arrived at the Bohol-Panglao International Airport (BPIA) on Friday, Jan. 24.

Matthew James Sepe, quarantine nurse at the BPIA, said these tourists came from Chengdu City, the capital of southwestern China’s Sichuan province.

ADVERTISEMENT

They arrived at 7:42 a.m. on board Pan Pacific Airlines from Chengdu Shuangliu International.

The BPIA services two flights from China Mondays and Fridays.

FEATURED STORIES

Some of the passengers wore a mask.

Matthew James Sepe, quarantine nurse at BPIA, said these tourists passed through the thermal scanner before they could proceed to the immigration.

They were then checked one by one again through the thermal scanner.

He said the passengers were allowed to enter the country since none of them had a fever.

Ritche dela Funete, a medical officer, said the BPIA had adjusted the medical quarantine protocol to prevent the entry of coronavirus in Bohol.

The thermal scanner is available only at the international arrivals section.

An individual with a body temperature of 36.5 degrees Celsius would set off the scanner’s alarm.

ADVERTISEMENT

If that happens, the passenger’s temperature would be checked again with a digital thermometer to confirm if he or she has a fever. If the passenger has a fever, she or he will be placed at the quarantine office.

Personnel from the aviation security group also helped in monitoring passenger security.

Passengers from China who arrived at the Bohol-Panglao International Airport were closely monitored through thermal scanner to prevent the entry of coronavirus in Bohol province. Leo Udtohan/Inquirer Visaya

According to the Bohol Tourism Office, Chinese tourists topped the number of tourist arrivals, followed by the Koreans.

Boholanos were alarmed after two Chinese nationals aged 2 and 36 were placed under observation in Bohol after showing symptoms of coronavirus.

But they were eventually released from the hospital after swab samples were taken from them.

Acting Bohol Gov. Rene Relampagos said there was no cause for alarm since proper protocols and precautionary measures had been done.

The 2-year-old boy had left the country while officials had contacts with the 36-year-old, he added./lzb

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Bohol-Panglao international airport, BPIA, Chinese tourists, Coronavirus, Philippine news updates, Regions
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.