Quezon LGUs may cancel work on Tuesday, says governor
LUCENA CITY, Quezon, Philippines – Local government units in Quezon province may decide for themselves whether to declare a suspension of work on Tuesday, Dec. 3, due to Typhoon Tisoy (internationally known as Kammuri), Gov. Danilo Suarez announced on Monday.
“In view of ensuring the safety of our constituents, those who are affected and expected to be affected by Typhoon Tisoy may declare suspension of work on Dec. 3 in order for government employees to ensure safety of their persons, families and properties,” Suarez said in his Memorandum No. 308.
Suarez made it clear, however, those government agencies involved in the delivery of basic health services, responding to disasters and calamities, the performance of other vital services would still have to operate.
The suspension of work for private companies is left to the discretion of business owners, he added.
Suarez posted a copy of his order on his Facebook around 8:30 p.m. on Monday.
All classes in public and private schools had already been suspended in the entire province until Wednesday, Dec. 4, in anticipation of Tisoy, which continued to threaten areas on its path.
Typhoon Signal No. 3 has been raised in the southern part of the province near the Bicol region where Tisoy is predicted to make landfall Monday night.
The rest of Quezon province has been placed under Typhoon Signal No. 2.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.