No storm signal in Bohol, but sea vessels stopped from leaving as Tisoy pounds other areas
TAGBILARAN CITY—Authorities stopped all commercial sea vessels from leaving ports in Bohol province as Typhoon Tisoy drew nearer land on Monday.
This led to passengers refunding their fare.
One of them, Maridel Dija, was supposed to leave at an 11:40 a.m. trip to Cebu. “Maybe next time if the weather is fine,” she said.
She was headed to Cebu to renew her passport at the Department of Foreign Affairs office there.
Tropical Storm Wind Signal No. 1 had been raised over Metro and northern Cebu.
Trips from Dumaguete to Cebu, via Tagbilaran, had been cancelled, too.
The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) in Bohol said although there was no storm signal in the province, all vessel destinations from Bohol ports were covered by storm signals.
Boat trips from Ubay to Bato and Hilongos in Leyte had been cancelled since Sunday.
Samar and Leyte provinces were under storm signal No. 1.
Classes had also been suspended in the island village of Pandanon in Getafe and the town of Jagna. Leo Udtohan
Edited by TSB
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.