Duterte off to Busan for Asean-ROK summit
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte on Sunday night left Manila for Busan, South Korea to take part in the 2019 Asean-Republic of Korea (Asean-ROK) Commemorative Summit.
Duterte’s plane took off from the Davao International Airport.
The President is also set to meet South Korean President Moon Jae-in at the sidelines of the two-day summit from November 25 to 26.
Philippine Ambassador to South Korea Noe Albano Wong earlier said the agreements to be signed by the two governments were still being finalized, but South Korean Ambassador to the Philippines Han Dong-Man previously said memoranda of understanding (MOUs) on education cooperation, social security, cooperation on fisheries, and tourism implementation were expected to be signed during Duterte’s Korea visit.
The following were among Duterte’s entourage to the Asean-ROK summit:
1. Sec. Teodoro Locsin Jr., Department of Foreign Affairs
2. Sec. Carlos Dominguez III, Department of Finance
3. Secretary William Dar, Department of Agriculture
4. Secretary Leonor Briones, Department of Education
5. Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, Department of National Defense
6. Secretary Ramon Lopez, Department of Trade and Industry
7. Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat, Department of Tourism
8. Secretary Ernesto Pernia, Socio-Economic Planning
9. Ambassador Noe Wong, Ambassador Extraordinary, and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of the Philippines to the Republic of Korea
Edited by KGA
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.