Rotary Circuit Makati holds PSA Festival 2019
The Rotary Club of Circuit Makati (RCCM) under the leadership of President Lyda H. Lunar successfully held the Gala and Awards Night of the 3rd Rotary Public Service Announcement Festival or Rotary PSA Festival 2019 at Spotlight Theater, Circuit Makati recently.
The event was well-attended with over 90 students and teachers in attendance as well as over 20 Rotarians.
RCCM’s objective to have an issue-based PSA Festival was met and the people behind it are all pleased as the event turned out to be a huge success.
The festival is a 30-second video making contest was participated in by amateur ﬁlmmakers and students alike from different high school and college institutions all over the Philippines.
The different categories of the contest evolved in Rotary International’s 6 Areas of focus namely, (1) Basic Education and Literacy (2) Maternal and Child Health (3) Peace and Conﬂict Prevention/Resolution (4) Disease Prevention and Treatment (5) Water and Sanitation and (6) Economic and Community Development.
Declared winners in the contest under the Students Category are the following:
(1) ENDUKASYON (1st Place Winner) – by: AFORCE from Technological Institute of the Philippines / Area of Focus: Basic Education and Literacy
(2) PABILI PO (2nd Place Winner) – by: Izela Viviene Alberto Salterio from Regional Lead School for the Arts in Agono, Rizal / Area of Focus: Basic Education and Literacy
(3) VACCINATE YOUR CHILD (3rd Place Winner) – by: Marck Ryan E. Cidro / Teatro Komunikado Production from Polytechnic University of the Philippines / Area of Focus: Disease Prevention & Treatment
Moreover, the declared winners for the Amateur Category are as follows:
(1) ALAMOKUNGPAANO (1st Place Winner) – By: Christian Mendoza of Pansamantagal Production
(2) AGRICULTURE: KEY TO SAVE OUR FUTURE (2nd Place Winner) – By: Joselito G. Cunanan, Jr.
(3) PASA PASA (3rd Place Winner) – By: Lara Mae Temio.
Among the distinguished judges were Past District Governor Edna Sutter, District Governor Nominee Mildred Vitangcol, Governor Elect Maria Concepcion Camacho, Charter President Marissa Del Mar, John Miguel Bermido, actor Ernie Garcia, journalist and filmmaker Arlyn Dela Cruz, and veteran stage actress Mae ‘Juana Change’ Paner.
Another highlight of the program was the announcement of video entry winners of The RCCM Rovic Canono Human Rights Awards which was won by the following:
(1) YOU CAN BE A HERO – By: Franz Joehann Reyes from Our Lady of Caysasay Academy.
(2) NOT FOR SALE – By: Bahaw Productions from Technological Institute of the Philippines.
This special award is given in recognition of Past President Rovic Canono’s valuable work in his advocacy in human rights.
A special appreciation award was also given to Past District Governor Edna Sutter for being a patron of Rotary PSA Festival since its ﬁrst Gala Night in 2016.
Current District Governor Ador Tolentino in his speech challenged the Rotary Club of Circuit Makati oﬃcers and members to continue this Rotary PSA Festival as it spreads awareness of the thrusts of Rotary International to the Filipino youth all over the Philippines.
Public Image District Chairman Jasmin Limon also graced the festival and labeled the event as the club’s signature project.
Governor Elect Chacha Camacho also praised the uniqueness of the event concept and Gov Mildred Vitangcol cited that the festival stirs the creativity of the participants, particularly the students.
The event was hosted by RCCM Charter President Elaine Sweetie Gardiner and TV Host Jojo Alejar.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.