2 dead in Cavite, Laguna buy-busts
SAN PEDRO CITY — Two suspected drug pushers and members of crime gangs were killed in separate shootouts in Laguna and Cavite provinces, police said Friday.
In Cavite, John Paul Patricio was killed in a buy-bust operation around 4:40 p.m. Thursday in Barangay Pasong Kawayan 2 in General Trias City.
A police report issued Friday said Patricio was allegedly a member of the criminal group “Salamat” that operated in the said city.
The police said Patricio sold an undercover police officer a sachet of suspected “shabu” (crystal meth). But just when the police were about to arrest him, the suspect drove away on a motorcycle, prompting the authorities to chase him.
It was when the suspect fired shots that forced policemen to shoot him down.
In Sta. Cruz, Laguna, Percibal Mendoza was also slain in a buy-bust operation at 8:35 a.m. Thursday.
Police said Mendoza transacted with undercover policemen in Barangay San Jose when he suddenly opened fire and triggered a shootout.
Mendoza was killed on the spot.
The police said Mendoza was a member of the “Macmac Punio” group that carried out gun-for-hire operations and illegal drug dealings in the fourth district of the province.
Mendoza was previously detained for eight years at the Laguna Provincial Jail for drug charges. Maricar Cinco/lzb
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.