‘Healing priest’ can’t say Mass in Bukidnon
MANILA, Philippines — Another Catholic bishop has barred controversial “healing priest” Fr. Fernando Suarez from saying healing Masses in his diocese in central Mindanao.
In a memorandum dated Oct. 7 and posted on CBCPNews, the official news service of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines, Bishop Jose Cabantan of Malaybalay, Bukidnon province, said Suarez had to secure a “celebret” or an endorsement from his bishop to be allowed to celebrate Mass and [do] healing in accordance with Church laws.
Cabantan also warned against priests from other sects who, he said, are prohibited from celebrating the Sacraments in Catholic churches.
Several bishops had previously banned Suarez from holding healing Masses in their dioceses, including Lingayen-Dagupan Archbishop Oscar Cruz and Malolos Bishop Jose Oliveros. —Tina G. Santos
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.