UPDATE: Metro Manila schools, LGUs suspend classes due to quake
First posted at 7:19 p.m.
MANILA, Philippines — Two cities and several schools in Metro Manila suspended classes after a magnitude 5.3 earthquake shook the capital and several areas in Quezon province Friday afternoon.
The following schools and local government units (LGUs) have announced class suspensions:
- University of Santo Tomas – classes in all levels and office work
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines – classes in all levels and office work in all National Capital Region (NCR) campuses
- Far Eastern University Manila
- Far Eastern University Makati
- Malayan Colleges Laguna – classes in all levels and office work
- De La Salle University Manila, Makati and Bonifacio Global City campuses
- University of the Easy Caloocan and Manila
- Technological Institute of the Philippines Quezon City and Manila
- San Beda University
- University of the Philippines Diliman
- Ateneo de Manila University
- Quezon City – classes in all levels, public and private
Taguig City – classes in all levels, public and private
Please refresh for updates.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.