FDA releases list of untested food products, warns of health risks
MANILA, Philippines—The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned consumers against consuming some candy, bread and cookie products, saying they are not registered and did not undergo safety testing.
“The consumption of such violative products may pose health risks to consumers,” it said in an advisory.
Following are the unregistered food prodcuts:
- Davao Bread Sticks, Crisp! Crakle!
- Hinam-isYema De Oro, Pastillas de Leche
- Eurobaker Unleavened Bread
- Jams Sampaguita Cookies
- Richblitz Sweet Toasted Pastillas
- Richblitz Sweet Pastillas Nuts and Cookies
- Richblitz Sweets Pastimallow Cookies and Cream
- Apong Carabao’s Milk Pastillas De Keso
- Oh Yummy! Gummy Candy Fat Free
- Sugarfcane Land Food Product Delicious Ube Piaya
- Eurobaker Sesame Cookies
- Jevo Barquiron, Durian flavor
- Gullon Social Biscuits Sugar Free 6 oz. (170g)
- ABC Jelly (1 strip x 8pcs)
- Tiwi Real Big Tattoo Bubble Gum
- Chokolitos Milk Sticks (24 sticks x 5.8 g)
- Alibaba Sweetcorn Flavor
- Olive’s Peanut Butter Creamy
- Fallan’s Homemade Butter
- AV Pasalubong Products Pinipig Polvoron
“The FDA verified through post-marketing surveillance that the abovementioned food products are not registered and the Certificate of Product Registration (CPR) have not yet been issued,” the FDA said.
“In light of the foregoing, the public is advised not to purchase violative products in the market. Moreover, the public is advised to always check if a food product is registered with the FDA,” said the regulatory agency.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.