Roadworks set this weekend; some Metro Manila lanes impassable
MANILA, Philippines — Some lanes in Metro Manila will not be passable this weekend to make way for scheduled road improvements, repairs, and reblocking.
In a traffic advisory, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said the following roads will be closed starting 11 p.m. Friday (August 23) until 5 a.m. Tuesday (August 27):
1) Edsa corner Bulacan St. to Philam (1st lane from center island)
2) Edsa from Magallanes – Baclaran Bus Stop to Magallanes – Alabang Bus Stop (outer lane)
3) Edsa Eugenio Lopez – Sct. Borromeo (for desilting and construction of manhole)
4) Katipunan Ave. from after Boni Serrano Tunnel to P. Tuazon St. (truck lane)
5) Quirino Highway Theresa Heights and before Belfast (inner lane)
6) Elliptical Road before Commonwealth Ave. (7th lane from outer sidewalk)
7) Novaliches General Luis before Oriental Tin
8) Edsa Main Ave. to P. Tuazon (1st lane from sidewalk)
9) C-5 Road C.P. Garcia Bridge approach B
10) Taguig City fronting Palar Village 245M before KM17+000
MMDA advised motorists to avoid the affected roads and use alternate routes.
It assured that all these roads will be fully passable by 5 a.m. Tuesday. /kga
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.