Infant dies in Rizal fire
SAN PEDRO CITY –– A one-year-old child died after their house in Cainta town in Rizal province caught fire on Wednesday evening, authorities said Thursday.
The victim was identified as Andrei Bronosa.
Cainta fire officer 2 Ken Allen Tolentino, in a phone interview, said the fire broke out around 8:30 p.m. in the Bronosas’ house, which was made of light materials, in Barangay Sto. Domingo.
According to Tolentino, the fire may have started from a candle left unattended. He said the family lit candles as they did not have electricity.
“The (child’s) mother said she just went out to buy something from the store. When she returned, she said she saw their house already on fire,” Tolentino said.
He said the child was left sleeping in their home along with his other young siblings, but who were able to get out in time.
It was not clear how old the other siblings were, Tolentino said.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.