Parts of Edsa, other Metro Manila roads closed for repairs this weekend
MANILA, Philippines — Portions of Edsa and other major thoroughfares in Metro Manila will be closed from Friday night until Monday morning to make way for road repairs and reblockings.
In an advisory, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said the following roads will be closed starting 11 p.m. Friday, August 2, until 5 a.m. Monday, August 5:
1. Edsa fronting Sojen and Chevrolet (5th lane from sidewalk)
2. Edsa from KM 25+816 to KM 25+876.80 (3rd, 4th, and outer lane)
3. EDSA Eugenio Lopez – Sct. Borromeo (desilting and construction of manhole)
4. Katipunan Ave. from Raja Matanda to Boni Serrano Tunnel (truck lane)
5. Quezon City along Edsa Southbound between West Avenue and Philam Village (restoration and concreting works)
6. Quirino Highway opposite Colegio de Sta. Teresa and near New Heaven Subd. (inner lane)
7. Elliptical Road before Commonwealth Ave. (7th lane from outer sidewalk)
8. General Luis before Oriental Tin
9. EDSA before New York St. (1st lane from sidewalk)
10. C-5 Road C.P Garcia approaching to Kalayaan Ave. Ext.
MMDA advised motorists to avoid the affected roads and use alternative routes instead. /kga
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.