Newbie senators get key committee chairmanships
MANILA, Philippines — As earlier agreed, neophyte senators got the chairmanships over some of the important committees in the Senate.
Senator Christopher “Bong” Go was elected as chairman of the committee on health while Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is the new chairman of the committee on public order and dangerous drugs.
Meanwhile, newbie Senator Imee Marcos got the chairmanship over the committee on economic affairs and Senator Francis Tolentino was elected the chairman of the committee on local government.
Below is the list of committee chairmanships the senators took for the first round of election:
- Finance – Sonny Angara
- Tourism – Nancy Binay
- Ways and Means – Pia Cayetano
- Social Justice, Welfare, and Rural Development – Leila de Lima
- Energy – Sherwin Gatchalian
- Accountability of Public Officers & Investigations (Blue Ribbon) – Richard Gordon
- Women, Children, Family Relations and Gender Equality – Risa Hontiveros
- National Defense and Security – Panfilo Lacson
- Games and Amusement – Lito Lapid
- Public Works – Manny Pacquiao
- Constitutional Amendments and Revision of Codes – Francis Pangilinan
- Foreign Relations – Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III
- Public Services – Grace Poe
- Public Information and Mass Media – Bong Revilla
- Labor, Employment, and Human Resources Development – Joel Villanueva
- Agriculture and Food – Cynthia Villar
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.