Sections of major Metro roads to be closed for weekend repairs — MMDA
MANILA, Philippines — Section of some of Metro Manila’s major roads will be closed over the weekend to make way for road repairs and reblockings, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said.
In an advisory on Friday, the MMDA said the following roads sections will be closed from 11 p.m. on Friday (July 12) to 5 a.m. on Monday (July 15):
- Edsa in front of Guzent Construction Equipment Sales and Rental to Culiat Bridge (1st lane from sidewalk)
- Katipunan Avenue after P. Tuazon Boulevard (2nd lane from sidewalk)
- Edsa Magallanes-Baclaran Bus Stop to Magallanes-Alabang Bus Stop (outer lane)
- Edsa Eugenio Lopez – Sct. Borromeo (desilting and construction of manhole)
- Edsa Quezon City between West Avenue and Philam Village (restoration and concreting works)
- Quirino Highway Kingfisher St. to Primerose St. (2nd lane from sidewalk)
- General Luis St. Pascual St. to before Oriental Tin
Northbound and Southbound:
- C-5 road in front of SM Aura northbound (3rd lane from median) and SM Aura southbound (2nd lane from median)
- Regalado Ave. Mindanao Ave. extension to Quirino Highway (2nd lane from sidewalk)
- Edsa after Aurora Blvd. (2nd lane from sidewalk)
The MMDA has advised motorists to avoid the affected areas and use alternate routes.
It also assured that all affected roads will be fully passable by 5 a.m. on Monday. /muf
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.