‘Ghost’ dialysis whistleblowers ask court to defer their transfer to QC jail
MANILA, Philippines — The two whistleblowers in the controversial “ghost” dialysis scam at WellMed Dialysis Center asked the court to defer their transfer from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to the Quezon City Jail.
In a motion filed before the Quezon City Regional Trial Court Branch 219, Edwin Roberto and Liezel Santos requested to defer the transfer of custody to the city jail.
“Accused respectfully request the indulgence of the Honorable Court to defer their confinement to the Quezon City Jail and that they remain under custody of the National Bureau of Investigation until their formal commitment to the Witness Protection Program,” read the motion.
Legal counsel Harry Roque said his clients should stay under NBI’s custody because they are admitted to the Department of Justice’s Witness Protection Program (WPP).
“‘Finile na yung resolution na huwag ilipat sa city jail si Edwin at Liezel yung whistleblower at yung paglipat ng kostodiya,” Roque told reporters after filing the motion on Wednesday.
(The resolution had already been filed to defer the transfer to the city jail of Edwin and Liezel, the two whistleblowers, and their transfer of custody.)
Roque added that the two whistleblowers were only admitted to the WPP on Tuesday. (Editor: Jonathan P. Vicente)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.