Close  

WellMed owner to remain in NBI custody as probe continues

/ 09:30 PM June 11, 2019

MANILA, Philippines — WellMed Dialysis Center co-owner Dr. Bryan Sy will remain under the custody of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), a prosecutor from the Department of Justice (DOJ) said.

Senior Assistant State Prosecutor Anna Noreen Devanadera said Sy, along with whistleblowers Edward Roberto and Leizel De Leon, will stay at the NBI pending resolution of the case.

ADVERTISEMENT

During the inquest proceeding, Devanadera said Sy no longer asked for a preliminary investigation.

Sy, Roberto De Leon, and several others are facing a complaint for violation of Article 315 of the Revised Penal Code (RPC) or estafa and falsification of documents under Article 172 also of RPC for the “ghost” dialysis refund claims at the Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth). (Editor: Eden Estopace)

RELATED STORY:
NBI files criminal charges vs owner, execs of dialysis center

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: DoJ, Dr. Bryan Sy, NBI, Philhealth, WellMed
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
entertainment

Brad Pitt asks astronaut: Who was better? Clooney or me?

September 17, 2019 06:31 AM

usa

How Is Joe Biden Doing so Far?

September 17, 2019 06:28 AM



© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.