LIST: Road closures on Roxas Boulevard for 121st Independence Day
MANILA, Philippines — The Manila Police District (MPD) has alerted motorists regarding road closures and rerouting of vehicles in Roxas Boulevard to make way for the country’s 121st Independence Day.
In an advisory on Tuesday, MPD’s Traffic Enforcement Unit said the following roads will be closed on June 12 (Wednesday) starting at 5 a.m.:
- North and Southbound lane of Roxas Blvd. from Katigbak Drive to Pres. Quirino Avenue.
- North and Southbound lane of Roxas Blvd Service Road from TM Kalaw Avenue to Pres. Quirino Avenue.
Meanwhile, the traffic unit also informed motorists on its implemented traffic rerouting schemes:
- All light vehicles travelling Bonifacio Drive intending to use the southbound lane of Roxas Blvd. should turn left P. Burgos, turn right to Ma. Orosa, or go straight to Finance Road to point of destination
- All light vehicles traveling westbound of Kalaw Ave. intending to use the southbound lane of Roxas Blvd. should turn left to MH Del Pilar to point of destination.
- All light vehicles intending to use the northbound lane of Roxas Blvd. should turn right Pres. Quirino to point of destination.
MPD also said trucks are banned from entering the following roads at 5:00 a.m. onwards:
- Roxas Boulevard from the corner Pres Quirino Avenue to Katigbak Drive
- Bonifacio Drive from Anda Circle to Katigbak Drive
- President Quirino Avenue Extension (Plaza Dilao)
Lastly, trucks and trailer trucks should be guided by the following rerouting schemes:
- All Trucks and Trailer Trucks traveling Bonifacio Drive, intending to use the southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard, should take the roundabout of Anda Circle going northbound to R10, turn right to Capulong, and take south truck route to point of destination.
- All Trucks and Trailer trucks intending to use the northbound lane of Roxas Blvd. should turn right to Pres. Quirino Avenue to point of destination.
- All Trucks and Trailer trucks intending to use the Pres. Quirino Avenue Extension to UN Avenue should go straight to Pres Quirino Avenue to Nagtahan to point of destination.
MPD also said using aerial drones over the vicinity of the event areas and the United States Embassy is not allowed. (Editor: Julie Espinosa)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.