PNP says public should move on from Erwin Tulfo’s rants
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine National Police (PNP) urged the public on Tuesday to move on from the issue concerning radio personality Erwin Tulfo, after he berated Social Welfare Secretary Rolando Bautista in his radio show for not taking his call for an interview.
“Definitely, [dapat mag-]move on na ang lahat sa issue na ito. Ang pinakahuli na lang natin ay renewal na lang ng licenses ni Mr. Erwin Tulfo [to have guns],” PNP spokesperson Col. Bernard Banac said in a press briefing at Camp Crame when asked if the public should move forward from the outrage against the broadcaster.
(Definitely, everyone should move on from this issue. The last concern to settle is the renewal of Mr. Erwin Tulfo’s license to have guns.)
The Philippine Military Academy Alumni Association Inc. had earlier declared Tulfo as persona non grata, but despite this, Banac said Tulfo is still welcome in Camp Crame, especially if he will come to process the renewal of his license to own and possess firearms (LTOPF).
Tulfo’s LTOPF expired on March 3.
The PNP had earlier ordered Tulfo to surrender his guns, but he had yet to give his firearms to the police.
Banac said Tulfo had again expressed intention to renew his LTOPF on Monday, the same day when PNP chief Police Gen. Oscar Albayalde warned action against Tulfo if he fails to surrender his guns. (Editor: Julie Espinosa)
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.