Duterte formally OKs sale of P704.8M Marcos jewels
MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte has formally issued an order for the public auction of the P704.8-million jewelry collection seized from former first lady and now Ilocos Norte Rep. Imelda Romualdez Marcos, Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea said Tuesday.
“An order has already been issued by the President yesterday for disposition of the Marcos jewelry collection,” Medialdea told INQUIRER.net in a text message.
“OP (Office of the President) officially informed PCGG that it interposes no objections to the proposed activities relative to the disposal of the Marcos jewelry collections, subject to compliance w/ existing laws, rules and regulations,” he added.
Duterte had earlier approved the public auction of the jewelry collection. (Editor: Gilbert S. Gaviola)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.