Portions of Metro Manila roads to close for weekend repairs
MANILA, Philippines — Several portions of major roads in Metro Manila are scheduled to be closed to motorists over the weekend to give way for repairs and reblockings.
In an advisory on Friday, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said the following stretch of roads will be closed from 11 p.m. Friday (May 31) until 5 a.m. Monday (June 3):
1. C-5 road fronting Market-Market (outermost lane) and beside U-turn slot near Market-Market
2. Edsa Monte de Piedad – Aurora Boulevard, Service Road (3rd lane from the sidewalk) and corner New York Street (1st lane from the sidewalk)
3. Edsa corner Bansalangin Street (in front of Shell, 3rd lane from the center isle)
4. Edsa Magallanes – Baclaran Bus Stop to Magallanes – Alabang Bus Stop (outer lane)
5. Aurora Boulevard intersection to Five Star terminal (1st and 2nd lane from the sidewalk, intermittent section)
6. Quirino Highway in front of Novaliches Plaza (1st lane from the sidewalk)
The MMDA advised motorists to avoid affected roads and use alternate routes instead.
The agency, however, assured that all affected roads will be fully passable by 5 a.m. on Monday. (Editor: Jonathan P. Vicente)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.