Close  

NCRPO on full alert status after 6.1-magnitude Luzon quake

/ 02:29 PM April 23, 2019

MANILA, Philippines — The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) will be on full alert until Wednesday following the magnitude 6.1 earthquake that shook Metro Manila and other parts of Luzon Monday afternoon.

ADVERTISEMENT

READ: Magnitude 6.1 earthquake shakes parts of Luzon 

“Still nasa full alert tayo ngayon and probably [we] will stay this way until tomorrow,” NCRPO chief Maj. Gen. Guillermo Eleazar told reporters at the sidelines of the National Capital Region-Regional Security Control Center Command Conference in Taguig City on Tuesday.

RELATED STORIES:

Operations in all Metro train lines suspended due to magnitude 6.1 quake 

MRT 3 back to normal operations on Tuesday 

While the NCRPO remains on full alert status, Eleazar said that no major damage in Metro Manila have been reported so far.

NCRPO on full alert status after 6.1-magnitude Luzon quake

NCRPO chief Maj. Gen. Guillermo Eleazar. Photo by RYAN LEAGOGO / INQUIRER.net

“Well in Metro Manila, wala naman tayong nakita malaking problema dito. Well meron isang reported na injured na kasamahan tayo at meron ibang mga structures na chine-check pa natin, but compared with Region 3, wala tayong ganung problema,” he said.

Following Monday’s earthquake, 11 fatalities have so far been reported in the province of Pampanga.

READ: Earthquake death toll in Pampanga climbs to 11 

ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile, Eleazar advised the public to take earthquake drills seriously to ensure readiness should earthquakes happen in the future.

“So nakita natin kahapon na because of the earthquake drills that we are regularly conducting, so maraming mga establishment na sumunod dito,” he said.

“Itong nangyari kahapon ay isang pagpapakita na talagang anytime or anything could happen, so dapat ready tayo. Itong drill na ginagawa natin ay dapat nating seryosohin natin, at pati yung mga susunod pang mga drills para tayo ay maging handa sa ano mang eventualities in the future,” he added.

Further, Eleazar said that there no damage on police precincts due to the earthquake have been reported so far.

“Based on the ongoing assessment on the damage done by the earthquake, wala naman tayong mga police stations or structures na affected ng earthquake natin kahapon,” he said

This after Philippine National Police (PNP) chief General Oscar Albayalde ordered an inspection and assessment of police stations and other facilities in Metro Manila and Central Luzon. /jpv

READ: Inspection of police stations, jails set after 6.1 quake 

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: alert status, Eleazar, Local news, NCRPO, Philippine news update, Quake
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.