outbrain
Close  

Family: Boy thrown from Mall of America balcony recovering

/ 07:11 AM April 20, 2019

Emmanuel Aranda (AP)

MINNEAPOLIS — The family of a 5-year-old boy thrown off a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America last week says he’s “showing real signs of recovery” but remains in intensive care.

The boy’s family posted the update Friday on a GoFundMe page that has raised nearly $900,000 for Landen’s medical expenses. Beyond the fundraising page, Landen’s family has asked for privacy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Prosecutors have charged 24-year-old Emmanuel Aranda with attempted premeditated first-degree murder for the April 12 attack. Aranda told police he was angry at being rejected by women at the Minnesota mall and was “looking for someone to kill.”

Landen plunged almost 40 feet and suffered head trauma and multiple broken bones. His family says he still has “a long road ahead” to recovery.

FEATURED STORIES

Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: boy, Crime, Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda, Landen, Mall of America
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.