Close  

 PNP: No contrabands seized, so far, from Araneta bus terminal passengers

By: - Reporter / @CMarquezINQ
/ 12:40 PM April 17, 2019

NCRPO director Major General Guillermo Eleazar talks to a member of a rescue team while inspecting security plans at the Araneta Center Bus Terminal on Holy Wednesday, April 17, 2019. INQUIRER.NET / CONSUELO MARQUEZ

MANILA, Philippines – No prohibited items were seized so far from passengers at the Araneta Center bus terminals in Cubao, Quezon City on Wednesday, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Oscar Albayalde said.

After inspecting the terminals, Albayalde said passengers were “educated” on restricted items.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Wala na raw nahuhuli na contraband ng ating kababayan na mga sumasakay,” he told reporters after his inspection at the bus terminals.

“I think na-educate na ang ating kababayan. As of this time, wala tayong nahuhuli na pinagbabawal na bitbitin sa mga buses,” he added.

FEATURED STORIES

Albayalde, however, noted some passengers were complaining of lack of air conditioned buses.

“Unang concern nila is kulang yung mga bus na aircon. Sabi nga nila sa sobrang init, yung mga kababayan natin, with the twelve hours of travel, napakainit,” he said.

The PNP deployed around 91,000 police officers nationwide to ensure safety of the public during the Holy Week. /gsg

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Albayalde, Cubao Bus Terminal, latest news, passengers, prohibited items
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.



© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.