LOOK: Eleazar inspects Cubao bus terminals
MANILA, Philippines — Police Major General Guillermo Eleazar, director of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO), on Friday inspected several bus terminals in Cubao, Quezon City days before Holy Week break.
Eleazar interacted with security guards at bus terminals to ensure safety of passengers who are expected to to travel to their respective provinces in observance of the Lenten season.
The NCRPO chief also reminded the public to follow the safety measures implemented by police officers and security guards assigned at the transport terminals.
Here are the safety tips of the Philippine National Police (PNP) for passengers of bus terminals:
- Arrive early in terminals, sea and airports when travelling with the elderly and children.
- Secure tickets and passports.
- Avoid wearing expensive pieces of jewelry.
- Look after belongings and constantly check them.
- Be alert against snatchers.
- If possible, travel light.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.