MPD imposes ‘stop and go’ traffic scheme for ‘Via Dolorosa’
MANILA, Philippines — A “stop and go” traffic scheme will be implemented to make way for the Procession of Via Dolorosa in Tondo, Manila on Friday.
In an advisory from the Manila Manila Police District (MPD), the procession will start at 7 p.m. and will follow this route:
- Starting at the Shrine of Sto. Niño de Tondo – J. Nolasco St.,
- turn right to Moriones St.,
- turn left to Santa Maria / Yangco St.,
- turn left to Dandan St.,
- turn left to Velasquez St.,
- turn left to Perla St.,
- turn right to Santa Maria St., then, cross to J. Nolasco St.
- return to Shrine of Sto. Niño de Tondo
Motorists are advised to take alternate routes as heavy traffic will be expected. /jpv
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.