Fire leaves 13 families homeless in Tuguegarao City
TUGUEGARAO CITY — At least 13 families took refuge inside the St. Peter and Paul Catholic Church’s compound in Barangay Centro here after fire razed their houses on Sunday afternoon.
Investigators said the blaze, which started at 5:30 p.m., could have been due to an electrical short circuit.
The fire reached fourth alarm and was put out after more than three hours with 13 firetrucks responding to the scene.
Fire investigators have yet to estimate the cost of damage.
Choleng Sap, head of the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, said they have provided assistance to the fire victims. /kga
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.