DOTr suspends 6 emission testing centers for falsifying results
MANILA, Philippines — Six Private Emission Testing Centers (PETCs) have been suspended for 90 days for falsifying results, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) said Thursday.
In an advisory, DOTr said it issued the preliminary suspension order through its Investigation Security and Law Enforcement Staff last March 13 to the following PETCs:
- Cotabato Emission Diagnostic Testing Center – Midsayap, Quezon Ave., Poblacion 8, 9410, Midsayap
- Blue Circle Private Emission Testing Center – 2nd East Extension, Tubo, 9200, Iligan City
- B and B Emission Test Center – B1 Sasa Commercial Center, Km. 11, Sasa, 8000, Davao City
- Palomino Private Emission Test Co. – Zone 1, Bantiles, Bugo, 9000, Cagayan de Oro City
- Alfonso Lista Emission Testing Center – Sta. Maria Alfonso Lista, 3608, Ifugao
- MDS Emission Testing Center – Baloc, Sto. Domingo, 3133, Nueva Ecija
Similarly, DOTr said it also served suspension orders to IT service providers of the six emission testing centers, saying they “shall be subject to the same penalties should it disregard the said order by continuing to process any data transmitted by such PETCs.” /kga
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.