MMDA: Weekend road works to affect flow of metro traffic
MANILA, Philippines — Expect a heavier flow of traffic this weekend as road repairs and reblocking are scheduled to be implemented in some parts of Metro Manila, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced on Friday.
In an advisory, the MMDA said that the following are the roads affected by the repairs to be done by Maynilad and Globe Telecom.
- Mindanao Ave. (SB) from Socorro St. to Mindanao Ave. (1st lane from sidewalk)
- West Ave. (SB) Baler St. to Examiner St. (1st lane from sidewalk)
- Commonwealth Ave. cor. Soliven
The MMDA also said that the Department of Public Works and Highways will close the following roads starting 11 p.m. of Friday until 5 a.m. of Monday, Jan 28 for reblocking purposes.
Motorists are advised to use alternative routes and avoid the affected roads:
- C-5 Road before Julia Vargas St.
- C-5 Road fronting SM Aura
- ]EDSA fronting Home Depot to Kaingin Road (4th lane from center island)
- ]EDSA after Lagarian Creek to Ermin Garcia (beside MRT)
- R. Magsaysay Blvd. Pureza R. Magsaysay Bridge
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.