Trillanes blames ‘crazy’ Duterte for grave threat case filed in Pasay court
(He is really crazy)
This is what Senator Antonio Trillanes on Friday said of President Rodrigo Duterte, whom he blamed for another case filed against him in a Pasay City court.
Trillanes made the remark after the Pasay City Prosecutor’s office filed a case for grave threats against him before Branch 47 of the Pasay Metropolitan Trial Court.
“Binaliktad na talaga ni Duterte ang hustisya sa Pilipinas,” the senator said in a statement.
“Siya itong pinapatay mismo ang mga ordinaryong Pilipino, pinapa-rape ang mga babae sa mga sundalo, pinapa-kidnap at torture ang mga COA audtiors at pinapa-holdup ang mga bishops, tapos ako ang pinakasuhan nya ng grave threats sa mga bata nya? Baliw talaga,” he added.
The senator nevertheless said he would face the case “squarely.”
“Like all the other harassment cases filed against me, I will face this squarely.”
Trillanes noted how he returned to the Philippines last Wednesday from his trips abroad despite the threats against him.
“Precisely, to show these people that I am not afraid of them,” he pointed out.
The case filed against him which was filed last December stemmed from last year’s complaint of Labor Undersecretary Jing Paras, who accused the senator of threatening his life when their paths crossed in the sidelines of a Senate hearing in May 2018.
Trillanes was scheduled to be arraigned on Feb. 15.
Paras, a former Negros Oriental Representative and a member of the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC), is one of the four lawyers who filed complaints of graft, inciting to sedition, and proposal to commit coup d’ etat against Trillanes in November 2017. /muf
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.