Apartment fire leaves 13 families homeless in Quezon City
MANILA, Philippines – Thirteen families were rendered homeless after fire damaged a two-level residential structure in Quezon City on Monday, a fire official said.
Senior Fire Officer IV Fortunato Alde told INQUIRER.net the fire broke out around 10:35 a.m. at the second floor of an apartment owned by a certain Antonietta Reyes located at Mayo Street N.S. Amoranto.
The fire reached third alarm by 10:50 a.m., but was declared extinguished by 11:05 a.m.
According to Alde, no person was reported injured by the blaze but an estimated P50,000 worth of assets were possibly damaged.
The Bureau of Fire Protection said the owner claimed the fire was caused by an electric fan that may have overheated. But fire authorities said they would still conduct further investigation on the case. /kga
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.